12000W Lunar MegaLight – extraordinary features, incredible illumination
Lunar Lighting Solutions is proud of its 12000W Megalight – Used by major projects including oil/natural gas, road building, civil construction, mining and many others. Protected by World Wide Patents and Trade Marks.
Oil and Natural Gas infrastructure and field construction
In remote and harsh environments, the Lunar 12000W Light Towers are used to construct oil and natural gas extraction sites, from site construction, pipeline construction, and drill construction.
Because of their easy portability and fast setup, the 12000W Light Tower suits many applications around energy extraction. They are ideal lights for oil exploration and natural gas exploration and provide excellent light for oil pipeline construction and natural gas extraction infrastructure.
This is the “Big Boy” as our customers have named it – not for its size, but for its coverage – 59,800 sq. yards** of natural, glare free light. The 12000W HMI Lunar Light Tower produces approx. 1,200,000 lumens* of light-power, with a 10m telescopic tower and a built in generator to vastly outperform any conventional floodlight.
The 12000W HMI Lunar Light Tower has endless applications, in large scale road construction, mining, resource development and infrastructure, as well as public events such as sport, and for security and surveillance.
It is simple to set up and operate, and has low energy consumption, reliability and lower running costs. Save up to 4600L in fuel each month – significant reductions in cost and carbon emissions.
The 12000W HMI Lunar Light Tower provides unparalleled productivity – even in the darkest night, entire work areas are bathed in a crisp, clean light that is safer, glare free and daylight colored.
- Cost of lighting is dramatically less than using conventional light towers
- Incredible output – the 12000W globe is rated at 1,200,000 lumens output – most conventional floodlights have around 100,000 Lumens
- Very large lighting coverage – approx. 59,800 sq. yards (50,000m²)**.
- Glare free – despite the phenomenal light, it is glare free and easy to work with.
- Natural daylight experience – the light produces 6000o Kelvin, the equivalent of daylight.
- Highly productive – allows dusk to dawn work schedules in large construction, infrastructure and mining applications.
- Designed to operate reliably in any terrain and in any weather.
- The 12,000W HMI Lunar Light Tower offers push-button setup and 4x individually controlled hydraulic-stabilizers for stability on uneven terrain.
- The unit is powered by a purpose built, military-tested lighting rig which is designed for harsh and remote environments.
- The unit can be towed by 4WD/SUV and standard pickups, or light truck. The trailer has robust 4WD suspension, strengthened underbody and cross-country wheels. The trailer has disc brakes.
- Easy to operate – Controls are push button. Silenced operation (82 DBA at 1 yard) and 4x individually controlled hydraulic stabilizers for stability on uneven terrain.
- Hardworking, reliable – the generator runs at 60% capacity, even at full lighting power.
- Lift points and forklift – the unit can be air lifted or lifted for trucking, shipping and transport.
- It can be air-freighted or transported by helicopter
- The generator set has excess power capacity to allow other equipment to be powered.
* The lux level can be increased by up to 2800% with the use of a Lunar Reflector.
** The light intensity will vary with distance from light source and mast height.